POSITION TITLE Coordinator-Contract
LOCATION Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB
STATUS Full-Time (40 hours per week)
CLOSING DATE June 25, 2021
START DATE July 5, 2021
REPORTING TO Senior Manager
Our sister agency, TORQUE Strategies is driven by equal parts data and creativity using actionable insights to develop marketing strategies that are truly relevant to consumers and build culture-defining brands. Ever since TORQUE’s launch in 2014, the firm has enjoyed significant growth, doubling revenues year over year, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Past and present clients include Hudson’s Bay, Canada Media Fund, Save-On-Foods, DHL, Live Nation, TELUS, CIBC, Corus Entertainment, Hockey Canada, IIHF World Junior Championships, HSBC Canada Sevens, and the Canadian Olympic Committee.
This role will be specifically focused on supporting our client, Save-On-Foods / More Rewards and their Fueling Sport program. Responsibilities will include research, ongoing monitoring and maintenance of the project plan / roadmap and KPI’s, building out campaign materials and collateral, and coordinating with the broader client team (Marketing, IT, ECommerce, Store Operations, etc.).
Through this hands-on experience, the successful candidate will further develop their knowledge, competencies, and experience in the strategic marketing industry.
The successful candidate will be a confident self-starter, able to bring skills in writing and communications, social media management, and a positive attitude to our vibrant and fast paced team culture. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
At Torque Strategies we live our values every day, and pride ourselves in being:
Truth Tellers – trusting and trusted
Fire Starters – igniting passion and purpose
Bridge Builders – integrating opportunities and partnerships
Trail Blazers – innovating courageously
Game Changers – elevating performance
Difference Makers – delivering excellence
If these values resonate with you, and the thought of elevating the potential of sport, culture and community moves you – then we want to learn more about you.
Influencer Content Management
Help us deliver excellence daily by honing your social media content strategy & project management skills to help keep us working like a well-oiled machine, such as:
- Develop meaningful relationships and connections with our influencers through strong communication
- Ensure social voice messaging & assets are on-brand, and consistent in terms of creativity, style, quality and tone of voice
- Help to brainstorm & create authentic content that fits seamlessly into the influencer’s feeds
- Monitor, track and gather influencer content data for reporting purposes
Marketing & Communications Support
Flex your creative muscle and bring your fresh perspective & ideas to the table daily, supporting the development of client deliverables such as:
- Working alongside the client’s internal team, agency, and content / PR team to define and manage the social strategy. (This may also include working alongside the Paid Media team)
- Bringing a sense of curiosity, creativity & innovation to ideation sessions and a willingness and confidence to share and build on ideas
- Events & engagement strategy planning including executing in-person appearances
Bring your strong analytical skills to the role through:
- Data analysis of influencer reach and engagement of deployed tactics
- Learn the ins and outs of client service, including developing deliverables, client reports and presentations
- Tracking and measuring client KPIs by owning monthly reporting
- Provide drafting and research support for client briefings and business case development
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven experience with social media
• Ability to deliver creative content ideas
• Familiarity with online marketing strategies and channels
• Paid social knowledge is beneficial, but not essential
• Maintains excellent writing and language skills
• Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery of projects an asset
• Eligibility to work in Canada
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• A keen eye for detail, a passion for exceeding expectations and a desire for providing “value-added” service
• A “can-do” attitude and willingness to pitch in where needed
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Previous experience working or volunteering in the sports and entertainment field or marketing & communications industry an asset
• Established ability to work from home including reliable internet & laptop
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for occasional in-store events
• Fluency in English required
• Fluency in French or a second language an asset
Interested applicants please send a cover letter and résumé directly to: email@example.com with “Job Posting: Coordinator – TORQUE Strategies” and your last name in the subject line. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.