**Applications Closed For Internship Opportunity**
As of April 9, 5PST, applications closed for our most recent internship opportunity with TTG Canada. We will be reaching out to those candidates moving on in the coming week.
Should you not be moving on, we wish to thank you for your interest and best wishes in your future endeavours. The calibre of applicants was exceptional.
LOCATION: Vancouver, BC/Calgary, AB/Toronto, ON
STATUS: Internship, Full-Time (40 hours per week), 4 to 8-month placement
APPLICATION CLOSE: 5:00PM (PT) April 9, 2021
START DATE: May 3, 2021
END DATE: August 2021 or December 2021
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager
TTG Canada is the parent company to sister sponsorship marketing agencies TTG Partnerships and TORQUE Strategies.
TTG Partnerships is a leading-edge strategic marketing and sponsorship firm with a growing client base. Operating in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, TTG strives to elevate the potential of sport, culture and community through its innovative approach to partnerships and marketing solutions. The firm is the agency of record for the Calgary Airport Authority, the IIHF World Juniors Championships, the HSBC Canada Sevens and Rugby Canada, and others. The firm’s past and present clients also include; the International Olympic Committee, Canadian Olympic Committee, Cirque du Soleil, Whistler Blackcomb, the Vancouver Mural Festival, the Canada Games, the City of Vancouver, and multiple Canadian Universities among others.
TORQUE Strategies is driven by equal parts data and creativity using actionable insights to develop marketing strategies that are truly relevant to consumers and build culture-defining brands.
Ever since TORQUE’s launch in 2014, the firm has enjoyed significant growth, doubling revenues year over year, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver and a recent expansion into the Calgary market. Past and present clients include Hudson’s Bay, Canada Media Fund, Save-On-Foods, DHL, Live Nation, TELUS, CIBC, Corus Entertainment, Hockey Canada, HSBC Canada Sevens, and the Canadian Olympic Committee.
TTG Canada deeply believes that we are made stronger by team and that diverse perspectives enable improved decision making and enriched ideation.
TTG Canada interns will have the opportunity to observe, experience and contribute to many facets of client relationship management, sponsorship sales and strategy development. Supporting the sales and service teams, and the growth of our brands through marketing, communications and insights development, this position provides a holistic view of agency operations.
Through this hands-on experience, the successful candidate will further develop their knowledge, competencies and experience in the strategic marketing and sponsorship industry.
The successful candidate will be a confident self-starter, able to bring skills in research, writing and communications and a positive attitude to our vibrant and fast paced team culture. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
At TTG Canada we live our values every day, and pride ourselves in being:
- Truth Tellers – trusting and trusted
- Fire Starters – igniting passion and purpose
- Bridge Builders – integrating opportunities and partnerships
- Trail Blazers – innovating courageously
- Game Changers – elevating performance
- Difference Makers – delivering excellence
If these values resonate with you, and the thought of elevating the potential of sport, culture and community moves you – then we want to learn more about you.
Client Service Support
- Account administration support
- Learn the ins and outs of client service, including project tracking, client reports and presentation skills
- Sourcing and analyzing market research data to contribute to the development of marketing and sales strategies
- Provide overall research support to the Client Service, Sales and New Business Development teams for both TTG and TORQUE Strategies
- Support the brand audit and environmental analysis processes for each client as they are onboarded
- Help prepare for pending sponsorship sales pitches
- Support of new business development (market research and RFP analysis)
- Provide drafting and research support for client briefings and business case development
- Industry database maintenance – industry trends, industry news, client news, events, etc.
Marketing & Communications Support
- Content strategy support
- Research & discovery for thought leadership publications
- Participation in bi-weekly marketing communications + sponsorship intelligence meetings in support of the firm’s brand growth
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed Post-Secondary Education in sport management, marketing, communications or business
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery of projects an asset
- Eligibility to work in Canada
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- A keen eye for detail, a passion for exceeding expectations and a desire for providing “value-added” service
- A “can-do” attitude and willingness to pitch in where needed
- A willingness to bring fresh and diversified perspective to our team thinking and ideation processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong research and writing skills with the ability to create concise research briefs
- Previous experience working or volunteering in the sport and entertainment field or marketing/communications industry an asset
- Social media, graphic design and website management experience an asset
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in French an asset