POSITION TITLE: Intern, Vancouver
LOCATION: Vancouver, BC
STATUS: Internship, Full-Time (40 hours per week), 4 to 8-month placement
APPLICATION CLOSE: 5:00PM (PT) May 6, 2018
START DATE: May 2018
END DATE: August 31, 2018 or December 20, 2018
REPORTING TO: Director
TTG Canada is the parent company to sister sponsorship marketing agencies TTG Partnerships and TORQUE Strategies.
TTG Partnerships is a leading-edge strategic marketing and sponsorship firm with a growing international client base. Operating in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, TTG strives to elevate the potential of sport, culture and community through its innovative approach to marketing solutions. The firm is the agency of record for the NFL (Canada), HSBC Canada Sevens and Rugby Canada, Canada Basketball and others. The firm’s past and present clients also include; the International Olympic Committee, Canadian Olympic Committee, Cirque du Soleil, Whistler Blackcomb, The Great Trail (Trans Canada Trail), Volkswagen Group Russia, the City of Vancouver, BC Cancer Foundation, the Mark Anthony Group and Simon Fraser University among others.
TORQUE Strategies is driven by equal parts data and creativity using actionable insights to develop marketing strategies that are truly relevant to consumers and build culture-defining brands.
Ever since TORQUE’s launch in 2014, the firm has enjoyed significant growth, doubling revenues year over year, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver and a recent expansion into the Calgary market. Past and present clients include Hudson’s Bay, DHL, Live Nation, TELUS, CIBC, Corus Entertainment, Hockey Canada, HSBC Canada Sevens, and the Canadian Olympic Committee.
TTG Canada interns will have the opportunity to observe, experience and contribute to many facets of client relationship management, sponsorship sales and strategy development. Supporting the sales and service teams, and the growth of our brands through marketing, communications and insights development, this position provides a holistic view of agency operations.
Through this hands-on experience, the successful candidate will further develop their knowledge, competencies and experience in the strategic marketing and sponsorship industry.
The successful candidate will be a confident self-starter, able to bring skills in research, writing and communications and a positive attitude to our vibrant and fast paced team culture. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
At TTG Canada we live our values every day, and pride ourselves in being:
- Truth Tellers – trusting and trusted
- Fire Starters – igniting passion and purpose
- Bridge Builders – integrating opportunities and partnerships
- Trail Blazers – innovating courageously
- Game Changers – elevating performance
- Difference Makers – delivering excellence
If these values resonate with you, and the thought of elevating the potential of sport, culture and community moves you – then we want to learn more about you.
Client Service Support
- Account administration support
- Learn the ins and outs of client service, including project tracking, client reports and presentation skills
- Sourcing and analyzing market research data to contribute to the development of marketing and sales strategies
- Sourcing and analysis of market research data to support Sales Team initiatives (brand and prospect research), new business development (market research and RFP analysis) and general category research
- Account administration support
- Participate in internal ideation and discovery sessions as required
- Assist in the development of sales proposals and collateral development
- Provide overall research support to the Client Service & Sponsorship Intelligence teams for both TTG and TORQUE Strategies
- Support the brand audit and environmental analysis processes for each client as they are onboarded
- Support of new business development (market research and RFP analysis)
- Work with TTG Canada’s Sponsorship Intelligence team to source existing consumer and market research reports and support the development of proprietary reports
- Provide drafting and research support for client briefings and business case development
- Industry database maintenance – industry trends, industry news, client news, events, etc.
Marketing & Communications Support
- Content strategy support
- Research & discovery for thought leadership publications
- Participation in bi-weekly marketing communications + sponsorship intelligence meetings in support of the firm’s brand growth
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed Post-Secondary Education in sport management, marketing, communications or business
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on timelines and delivery of projects an asset
- Eligibility to work in Canada
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- A keen eye for detail, a passion for exceeding expectations and a desire for providing “value-added” service
- A “can-do” attitude and willingness to pitch in where needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong research and writing skills with the ability to create concise research briefs
- Previous experience working or volunteering in the sport and entertainment field or marketing/communications industry an asset
- Social media, graphic design and website management experience an asset
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in French an asset
Interested applicants please send a cover letter and résumé directly to: info@TTGcanada.com with “Job Posting: Intern – Vancouver” and your last name in the subject line. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.