POSITION TITLE: Manager, Business Development
APPLICATION CLOSE: January 21, 2018
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
REPORTING TO: Director, Growth and Strategy
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
TTG Canada brings leading expertise, methodology, and a values-driven model to the sponsorship and strategic marketing field. We build industry-leading strategy and partnerships for a robust roster of national and international corporate brands and sports & entertainment properties. Our collective aspiration is to elevate the potential of sport, culture and community and we are proud to partner with like-minded clients like NFL Canada, Hudson’s Bay, Hockey Canada, DHL and many more. Representing a family of companies including Canada’s premier strategic marketing and sponsorship agency, TTG Partnerships, and corporate strategy consultancy TORQUE Strategies, TTG Canada is driving change in the marketplace. Led by Founder and Managing Partner Andrea J. Shaw, TTG Canada’s group of companies operates in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver.
TTG Canada’s mandate is to exceed client expectations. We are trusted by many of the most influential companies and sports properties in Canada, and around the world, to represent their brands and deliver optimal results through values-based partnership. This multi-dimensional position offers an opportunity to work in the dynamic sports & entertainment marketing industry, as a key member of TTG Canada’s growth & development team.
The successful candidate will be integral in the development and evaluation of new projects and project bids to achieve the organization’s growth and market share aspirations. This role will include building new growth strategies, identifying and responding to new business opportunities and proactive outreach to uncover previously untapped projects.
In addition to their business development responsibilities, the Manager will be a collaborator and contributor to existing client projects and to the marketing of the agency across the industry. This candidate is highly organized and detail-oriented, possesses a strategic mind, and a passion for marketing in a fast-paced business environment.
The candidate for this position will have a keen interest in marketing and sponsorship strategy excellent written and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships. The candidate will be a markedly confident self-starter, able to bring a significant skillset and positive attitude to our vibrant culture.
At the TTG Canada we live our values every day, and pride ourselves in being:
- Truth Tellers – trusting and trusted
- Fire Starters – igniting passion and purpose
- Bridge Builders – integrating opportunities and partnerships
- Trail Blazers – innovating courageously
- Game Changers – elevating performance
- Difference Makers – delivering excellence
If these values resonate with you, and the thought of elevating the potential of sport, culture and community moves you – then we want to learn more about you.
- Research and preparation of new business proposals for TORQUE Strategies & TTG Partnerships
- Research and preparation of business development proposals and strategies for current clients
- Building relationships and brand awareness for TORQUE Strategies & TTG Partnerships among current and future decision-makers
- Maintain and communicate relevant sales funnels and tracking documents to ensure accurate reporting
- Stay ahead of the curve in sponsorship marketing trends, news, and insights relevant to industry and client trend information
- Provide analysis of new venture opportunities
- Identify and lead marketing initiatives to build the profile and awareness of TORQUE Strategies and TTG Canada, within the industry
- Support existing client businesses and projects as needed
- Exceptional values
- Willing to go the distance
- A knack for going beyond the conventional, while staying anchored in core objectives
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Previous business development support experience working in a fast-paced environment
- At least 5 years of experience in marketing or business development in an agency or corporate environment
- Exceptional project management skills
- Exceptional networking and relationship management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with a uncompromising drive to develop creative, stand-out presentations and proposals
- Exceptional presentation skills, specifically in marketing and communications
- A degree or diploma from a recognized institution in a related field
- Strong knowledge of the marketing agency industry and its related business practices
- Strong budget and critical path management skills with emphasis on timelines and delivery of projects or proposals
- A keen eye for detail, a passion for exceeding expectations and a desire for providing “value-added” service
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook) and related software such as Google (Docs, Slides and Sheets)
- Sales, media relations and social media experience are assets
- Experiential marketing experience is an asset
- Proficiency in graphic design is an asset (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience working or volunteering in the sport, culture & entertainment field or marketing communications industry
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in French an asset
Interested applicants please send a cover letter with salary expectations and résumé directly to: info@TTGcanada.com with “Job Posting: Manager, Business Development – Toronto” and your last name in the subject line. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.